Thursday, September 9, 2021

How I Controlled My High Blood Pressure Without Medicine

© Mahaveer Sanglikar


This article is about 'How to control your blood pressure without medicine'. The article is based on my own experience and experiments.

 

I was suffering from higher blood pressure for a long time. But it was not a big problem for me. However, occasional smaller problems took place, like irritation and anger. Instead of visiting a doctor for these problems, I liked to ignore them. 

But one night, a very dangerous and frightening incident took place. It was about 11PM. I was sitting before my computer. I completed an article, shut down the computer and stood up, and suddenly felled down in the chair. I did not understand what was happening to me. I lost my balance even after I was on the chair. Somehow I managed to reach the bed and felled on it. Even after falling on the bed, I was feeling unsteady and confused. 

As I live alone, there was no one to help me at my home. I thought about calling a neighborhood friend, but couldn't. Slowly I went to sleep.

The next morning, the situation was better, but all was not well. Around 10.30 AM, I went to a nearby general physician. I told whatever happened with me the last night. He asked few questions and then checked my blood pressure. He detected higher blood pressure. Then he prescribed medicines for controlling my blood pressure. 

Then I directly returned to my home without buying the medicines. I made a phone call to a cardiologist who is my friend. I told whatever happened with me last night and what my general physician told me. The cardiologist friend too said that I will have to take medicine to control my higher blood pressure. 

I was not ready for taking BP medicine as once you start to consume it, you have to take it forever. Once you start to take the medicine and for any reason, you couldn't take it for 2-3 days, a dangerous situation may occur. So I decided not to take any medicine to cure my high blood pressure. Instead of medication, I started to look for alternative solutions. 

I started my research. I wanted to know the reasons behind higher blood pressure. I watched many videos related to this issue which were uploaded by renowned doctors. I read many articles on this subject. Then I realized that it was my wrong lifestyle that lead me to suffer from higher blood pressure. 


So what were the reasons behind this?

● Well, there was a lack of physical exercise. So I have gained my weight and it was much more than recommended weight for me. That was not a helpful thing to control my higher blood pressure.

● Then my sleeping habits were not good. I never had a regular sleep time. At many times, I was going to bed at 2AM or even 5AM. Then I was waking up at any time between 10AM to 12PM. 

● My eating habits were very wrong. Here too I was irregular. Moreover, I liked salty and spicy food.

● There were unnecessary worries and tensions, mostly related to 'others'. 

● Anger and irritating nature were other problems with me.

● All these things were triggers for high blood pressure. So I immediately decided to stop these habits. 

My Actions to Control My Higher Blood Pressure

● On that night I tried to sleep earlier, but couldn't because of my long-term habit. But after some time I was successful in getting a sound sleep.

● The next day, I wake early morning and went for a walk. I walked for 40 minutes.

● I stopped eating spicy and salty food.

● I learned to ignore things that may irritate me. I tried to stop taking tensions on small things. I became somewhat introverted and creative, which helped me a lot to be tension-free. 

● Doing all these things was not easy because of my habits which were routine lifestyles for me. But slowly I was successful to develop new habits.  

●In addition, I learned Deep Breathing Technique. This technique is a powerful tool to release your tension and control your blood pressure. 

Now my blood pressure is almost normal! 

This is my experience. I think it will be helpful to you if you are suffering from higher blood pressure. However, I suggest you consult your physician before trying these things. If you are taking pills, do not stop taking them without your physician's advice. 

If you want to practice it, do not wait for blood pressure rise. Start it as soon as possible and you will never suffer from high blood pressure.

You May Like to Read:

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLB